Friday, May 2, 2008

Totally forgot

So I made the post about what has been up with me lately, and I totally forgot about the concert that I went to recently.

Back story - get a call from my brother asking if I wanted to go to a concert on Wednesday night, and as you might not know I work wednesday night. So of course I go ahead and say sure, and take half the night off to go see a some music groups that I have never heard of before. Now, how did my brother end up with a extra ticket, you might not be asking yourself, well a good friend of his was going to be going, but because of work, he couldn't and I instead got to go.

Now the concert was at Wonder Ballroom in Portland, and the groups that were playing that night was Basia Bulat as the open act, and DeVotchKa as the main act. Now I must say, my music tastes are pretty open, and both these acts were great, I will be looking forward to when they both come back to Portland. If you have seen them, then you know what I am talking about, and if you haven't, you really need to see them. Music was great, good beat, lyrics hard to understand, but what's new at concerts.

I did find out that the Basia Bulat's ukulele player, Holly Rancher, has started a blog, and it is a pretty good read. She eats things from gas station stores that normal people wouldn't even try. Although I must not be normal, because I would or have tried some of the food she has tried.

So that is pretty much the only other stuff that has happened to me, I am still trying to get to a day shift job, and always look forward to when my brother or sister-in-law, invite me out to a concert of a group I have never heard of before.

No comments: