Thursday, March 20, 2008

An Appeal for Redress

Just learned of this from a 2 minute segment on 60 minutes, the segment is called Dissension In the Ranks. This site An Appeal for Redress, and it is a online petition for active duty service members in the Regular, Reserve, and National Guard, that want the U.S. to pull out of the Iraq.

" The idea for this protest by active duty and reserve service members came from two enlisted men who served in the Iraq war: Marine Sgt. Liam Madden and Naval Petty Officer Jonathan Hutto. The servicemen and women who sign the "Appeal for Redress" are protected under a clause in the Military Whistleblower Protection Act.

The appeal says: As a patriotic American proud to serve the nation in uniform, I respectfully urge my political leaders in Congress to support the prompt withdrawal of all American military forces and bases from Iraq. Staying in Iraq will not work and is not worth the price. It is time for U.S. troops to come home."


As a former Marine, I thought I would share this with you, my personal believes are that I support the troops 100%, I just don't support our government with there roll in Iraq, and the reasons for us going there orginially.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Good for you! (Although, your spelling is atrocious.)
Although I'm not sure that pulling out immediately is possible without serious reprocutions, I do agree that we've spent too much time and too much money there and we shouldn't have gone in the first place.

Sugah said...

my blog, my spelling atrocities...j/k

Michele said...

there vs. they're vs their. learn it, james. i'm with katherine.